Exhibition: Design for the other 90 | January 5, 2012 by oldadmin
The StarSight system combines solar-powered street lighting and Internet access in a wireless configuration, bypassing conventional power and telephone grids. StarSight provides a more secure secure environment, connectivity for building an emerging economy, and emergency communication and lighting for areas hit by disaster.
- DESIGNER/MANUFACTURER: Kolam Partnership Ltd.
- Malaysia and Indonesia, 2007
- Light, battery, WiFi receiver, solar panel
- DIMENSIONS: Varies on location; U.S. version is 16.5’ high for residential areas; Vietnamese version is at least 19.7’ high
- IN USE IN: Cote d’Ivoire, Republic of Congo, Cameroon